If you are experiencing any issues with your Free to Air TV reception please read the ‘General Fault Information’ first and then follow the instructions below to eliminate possible issues with the set up of your own equipment.
Our interactive ‘TV Help Fault Finder’ is another tool that can assist you in eliminating various possible faults.
Please be aware that when we mention ‘Channels’ below, this does not refer to a Program (Seven, Nine, Go, etc.) but to a physical channel equivalent to a certain frequency on which a TV signal is transmitted.
Each physical channel/frequency carries a number of programs.
Once your TV is tuned correctly, the physical channel does not appear anymore and each program will be on the correct program number (ABC on 2, Seven on 7 etc.)
NOTE: If you follow these instructions some personal settings and/or recordings might be lost depending on your device. Please make sure you backup any setting/recording that you want to keep before proceeding.
DigiSat does not take responsibillity for the use of this guide nor will accept any responsibillity for loss of data, correctness or issues resulting out of the use of these instructions, information and guide or any other problem occuring.
- Disconnect the antenna cable from the back of your TV.
- Reset your TV to ‘Factory Default’ (details will be in your TV’s manual).
- Perform an ‘Auto Scan’ (details will be in your TV’s manual).
- Check your TV’s program list and make sure there are no channels stored, delete any channels that are left.
- Connect a good quality RG6 Quad Shield Cable to the wall plate and to your TV.
- You now can either perform an ‘Auto Scan’ on your TV, or if you know or can work out the correct TV frequencies for your particular building, perform a ‘Manual Scan’, adding all 5 channels/frequencies to your TV’s tuning one by one. Please see below guide to find the correct frequencies/physical channels.
Please follow below links for further information: